Downshifting Audi s4, goes wrong?

Moderator: admin1

<<

Niece

Post 10 Feb 2018, 14:30

Downshifting Audi s4, goes wrong?

Hi i came this forum and noticed similar issue on the forum. So i thought i share my and hopefully someone knows the anwser.

I have a 2008 Audi S4 and when it downshifts from 4th to 3th or 3th to 2nd it shocks? As HXP said to it feels like a shove in the back. Anyone knows solution??
Im dont know because the Audi dealer cant find the issue, so im really considering selling the car.
Last edited by Niece on 19 Feb 2018, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
<<

admin1

Post 12 Feb 2018, 19:19

Re: Downshifting Audi s4, goes wrong?

Hi,

Good to hear you found the forum, and of course feel free to share your problems and experiences!
You are right the problem is similar to that of HXP, and the same counts with the solution.

It can have two causes:
o Wrong clutch engagement → mechatronic or clutch replacement
o Excessive wear in the drivetrain

I recommend checking these two things.
<<

Niece

Post 19 Feb 2018, 19:21

Got both these things checked out and it turned out to be the clutch. Got new stage 2 engine+dsg software to real powerful now! in love agsin
Got it done by https://www.mtirhonealpes.com/ in France (hope the admin dont see this as advertising?)
<<

admin1

Post 20 Feb 2018, 20:32

Sounds great! Enjoy your "new" car, i think the extra power and torque will feel like a huge improvement.
We don't see this as advertisment, actually as the oposite this forum is made to help eachother. And if you know some got companies feel free so to share them with others!

Admin

Return to DL-501